CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chapter 4

Tyler wasn't in a bad part of the city, so he didn't expect what he was seeing. He had to do something, he couldn't let this happen to someone else.

"You stupid girl!" The man screamed in the womans face. She was in her midtwenties and was very thin. "I told you that if you told anyone about your brother being shot I'd Kill you!"

"I....I didn't mean it! It just slipped out! I swear!" She sobbed.

Tyler walked behind the man and waited. He was breathing quietly and waiting. just waiting for the move.

"You think you can just get away with it, telling like that? Your death will be slow and painful. Do you hear me?" He spat at her.

She closed her eyes and stopped fighting. She was giving up! Tyler widened his eyes and the man reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sharp knife. Tyler swung his laptop around, and as strong as his little arms could brought in down on the mans head. The man staggard backwards and turned around to face tyler.

"RUN!" Tyler choked out. He ran toward the woman and grabbed her arm and started to pull. They had to get away he thought.

He hoped to god that the man didn't have a gun.

When they got a safe distance away, he turned to talk to the woman. She didn't look much older that he was, but she seemed to be mad at him.

"You fool! Your endangering yourself and anyone who is around us!" She cursed.

"I know." Tyler whispered becuause people were looking at them.

"No, you don't." She hissed. "You couldn't possibly."

"What, was your brother into to a money problem, didn't come up with the cash, was murdered and then he's coming after you, and won't stop until your killed?" Tyler asked.

She looked at him, and then looked away. "It's almost like that. It was an affair though. He wants everyone to do with my brother gone, that way nobody will help us. Becuase we'll be dead." She sighed.

"Hummhm. I see. You should get out of the city...uhm, what is your name anyway?" Tyler pondered. And then he wondered why he was always getting into risky situations.

"Karly" She answered. "Yours?"

"Tyler. Nice to meet you." Tyler laughed.

"Is it funny?" She wondered angrily.

"No, it's just funny how I'm always in a situation." He chuckled. He was glad he was easy going.

"Oh."

She started walking out, so he followed, not really sure if he should or not, but he was going to, just to make sure that she would be okay. She summonded a taxi and he opened the door.

"Why are you with me?" She asked.

"Becuase. You need to get out of the city, far away. I know how these people work. Get what you can and get out. I'm here to help." Tyler answered. "Deal with it."

"168 street." She direected the driver.

They were quite unil they got there. Amazingly they arrived without any problem. The city wasn't as busy today. They arrived at a building close to the hospital where he was studying for the time he was here.

Tyler reached for his wallet, threw 3 twenties at the driver, and reached for the handle.

click. The door locked. The driver turned around and the Karly drew in her breath...

1 comments:

karthik said...

Hey its very nice and interesting….cute way of expression in words….i liked it….kindly visit ma blog and do comment